The purpose of the Program is to facilitate the exchange of medical doctors/dentists/scientists as well as to expand the experience and knowledge between medical professionals.
With this program, HMAA supports the visitors’ with networking connections in order to find the best-suited specialists and locations that contribute to the development of medical knowledge, clinical experience and help establish long term professional relationships that in turn foster the improvement of the Hungarian healthcare system.
This program is sponsored and managed by the Hungarian Medical Association of America, HMAA.
Participants may apply for the following specialties
- Gastroenterology – Boston, MA
- General surgery, Advanced MIS, Bariatric Surgery – Boston, MA
- Pathology – Tampa, Fl
- Orthopedics, Traumatology – Frankfurt, Germany
- Neurointervention – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Neurointervention – Rochester, NY
- Pulmonology, Critical care – New Brunswick, NJ
- Internal medicine – Gainesville, GA
- Anesthesiology – Worchester, MA
- Plastic Surgery – Worchester, MA
- Reproductive endocrinology, IVF, Infertility – Abington, PA
- Cardiovascular surgery, Radiology, Transplant surgery, Anesthesia- Houston, TX
- Orthopedics – Indianapolis, IN
- Pathology – La Fayette, LA
- Pediatrics – Tampa, FL
- Neurology – Buffalo, NY
- Ob/Gyn – Buffalo, NY
Please note some other electives could be available upon request
Visiting Scholars are expected to cover
- Round trip air transportation
- Health insurance
- Meal costs
Who can apply?
Only HMAA members can apply for this program.
Deadline: ongoing – applications must be emailed by July 30, 2023 by midnight (CET).
Applications emailed later than this date will not be accepted.
Only online applications will be accepted.
All should be submitted by email in one pdf document named as the applicant
- Completed Application Form
- Curriculum vitae (in English) – scanned original signed
- Letter of motivation/intent (in English) – scanned original signed
- Passport size photo – scanned original
The application must be complete, otherwise it will be automatically rejected.
For further information contact the program coordinator.
All applicants/scholars must submit a written EXIT REPORT to the HMAA after the end of the program.
All participants are encouraged to attend the Balatonfüred congress of the HMAA Hungary Chapter on August 25-26, 2023.
How to submit your application
One copy to be emailed to:
Zsolt Garami, MD
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HMAA Fellowship Application Form.pdf